Tuesday 7 January 2014

Band Saw Boxes

Hi all,
We still haven't moved house, so this post is coming via a hot spot again. The signal is poor, so it will be a quick one. Over the Christmas period my wife Terry decided to try and forget her woes by doing a bit of pyrography. Here is a photo of what she did. It is a nice autumnal scene and at the rate we are going that's when we'll move house.

As you can see she did a great job with the pyrography but she then wanted to add some colour. She painted the leaves with watercolour paint, which she says gives her a more delicate tone on the wood. Acrylics have many good properties but they do tend to be a bit garish. The plaque was fined with spray lacquer because the brush on stuff would make the paint run.

I think she did a good job, but has now gone back into moving mode. To that end her days are split between planning what she is going to do in the new house, deciding what she can buy for it and shouting a solicitors.

I on the other hand decided to use the time to work on my new book and I am pleased to tell you that I have written 16,000 words and it is going well. Target day for publication is April.

I haven't managed to do any pyrography during the last few days, but I have been working on a design for a band saw box, which you can see below. They are made on a band saw, I reckon I could do just as well on my scroll saw; perhaps I'm deluded, but we'll see.

If you've never heard of a band saw box, you are in good company because neither had I until a few weeks ago and they are quite interesting.

In my next post I hope to show you how I made a band saw box on my scroll saw and that should prove to be interesting.

By the way, I'm sorry if you find any spelling or grammer issues in this posts but I haven't brought my prooofreader (the wife) with me. She said something about wasting time sitting about in a cold car when she could be giving an estate agent or solicitor a bit of verbal encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment